Sunday, May 15, 2011

Here's what I've been working on

I am in the midst of several crafy projects. Here's a peek at what I've been working on.

This is a chair that I am re-upholstering for a friend. These are the before pics.



This is the back side with most of the layers removed. It's been interesting seeing what's underneith the outside fabric. Hence the pink fabric layer I found, see below!



And here's the bustle/ apron/ cape I've been working on. I got the pattern from "Craftovision" on youtube. I put the link to the video below.  And I have to share that because the video does not mention the length of lace that you need, you should over-guestimate. I unfortunately underestimated and had to go back to get more lace. And much to my chagrin, the store did not have anymore of the pretty lace I first picked out. Lesson learned... Of course, can you really tell which layer has the different lace?? I'm still very happy with how it turned out!
Fabric pieces cut out

Closeup of the lace

Two of the layers ready to sew together.

The finished product.
I will get motivated soon and post a pic of me wearing the bustle.

Here's the youtube, in case you want to make a fancy bustle for yourself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment