Friday, November 18, 2011

21 day journal - Day 2, 3 & 4

So far I'm not doing so hot on this daily journal thing. I started late, and I skipped 2 days. Oh well, better late than never.

Day 2: If You Are To Do Something For Free For the Rest of Your Life, What Would It Be?

Well, here is another difficult decision. Do I pick something to better myself, like go to school for free? Do I choose something practical, like grocery shopping or gas tank fill up? Do I dream big and pick world travel? How about home ownership? How does one make such a decision and not want to change their mind later?

Ok, I will pick grocery shopping, free for the rest of my life. I will always need to eat, and I can feed more than myself if I pick this one!!



Day 3: What is Your Ideal Diet Like?

Ok a fairly easy one... I am pretty happy with my current diet. Let me give a little history here. At the age of 12 I decided to become a vegetarian. (Due to not caring for the taste of meat, and influence from my Uncle G who was also vegetarian at the time.) Now I was not the most healthy veghead, probably because I was lazy. My grandmother did most of the cooking at that time, because she lived with us. She would usually cook two versions of the meal, one with meat and one without. (Thank you grandma!! That really meant a lot to me, even if I didn't say so.) But when I was trying to find veggie friendly meals at school, well forget that idea. Cardboard cheese pizza and milk were about it. So for a while I would eat a cookie, a yogurt and a milk. That was lunch!  How I was able to function in the afternoon still boggles my mind. So at that time I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

Later in college, things got easier because the cafeteria's offered salad bars and healthy choices. Of course I picked things like fried mushrooms with cheese sauce. (Needless to say, I did gain the freshman 20+, hehe)
At some point I started eating fish too, so I was an ovo-lacto-pesco veghead. I don't remember when, but I started feeling weird after drinking milk or ice cream, so I gradually worked my way from 2% down to skim milk, then tried rice milk for quite a while. Sometime in my late 20's I switched to soymilk.



Then about 4-5 years ago, I started having cravings for chicken. I couldn't believe it, what was going on?  But by that time I had not eaten meat besides fish in over 18 years. So I just started slowly with a bite here and there. (My husband at the time was a meat eater, so he shared.)

Fast forward a few years and here I am. My current boyfriend eats meat and I've been doing a lot of exploration with cooking chicken. Most of the time I don't want to eat it, but occasionally I get a craving. I have not eaten red meat, pork or other game meat since the age of 12. And honestly I don't miss it, because I never really like it anyway. Although, I'm not sure I can be called a vegetarian anymore. I eat fish, chicken and turkey. I still eat eggs, cheese and drink soy milk. I try to eat lots of fruit and veggies. I prefer whole grains to white grains. But, damn, I have one heck of a sweet tooth still. So I try to eat sweets in moderation. Now if I could just get an exercise program going...

So, long story short, I'm pretty happy about where my diet is. I would love to be able to afford locally grown, organic produce. Fresh breads, eggs, milk & cheeses. That's about the only change I'd make. Not the type of food I consume, but the quality.  


Day 4:  If You Are To Travel Back in Time to 3 Years Ago, What Advice Would You Give Yourself?

Hehe, this one is really easy...

Dear Emily,
The tall, cute albino that you are going to meet soon, he is a real keeper!! Don't be scared, its ok to open up your heart again. He will fill you with such joy and love, and you will wonder how your heart is able to keep expanding. But guess what, it does!!  You'll eventually move in together. No need to rush things it will happen naturally. There may even be wedding bells in your future, again!

However, there is no need to try to rekindle your friendship with G. Living with her again is a bad idea, and may result in some similar upset as back in the day. Just let that idea go with resolve. Stay at M's house until you and the cutie are ready to move in together.

Try to find some more balance in your life between fun, crafting, spirituality, exercise and love. You will have lots of opportunities and your life will be filled with abundance! You and DG are not a good match, end that now. Trust me... Also, you will end up meeting a 19 yr old girl, just say no thanks, she will wrap you around her finger and it will really hurt to let go. Just let go of any possibilities with her. Have some patience with D, as she will teach you a few things. Encourage her to grow and open up. But, don't put up with any nonsense from her. And tell her your thoughts and feeling right away. Don't beat around the bush. This will help open up dialog much sooner. And maybe you will find out sooner she's not a perfect match either.

Ok, finally, just breathe. Finances may get tight, but you know what? You are happy, healthy, have food on your table and in your belly. Its going to be ok! The friendships and abundance in your life keeps you quite full. Enjoy it!

Your inner pilot light...


See 21 day journaling Challenge for info 


No comments:

Post a Comment